Thursday, January 17, 2008

Can They Be Beaten?


For this column I decided to choose Ryan Day's column on the 11 ways Chargers can beat the Patriots. You can find this column here. In essence Day's column does exactly what it says, points out the only ways the Chargers have a chance at beating the Patriots. They must use Rivers effectively, run more than pass, dominate time, get INTs, punish players on defense, and make Brady nervous. Obviously, Day is on the side of the Chargers all the way, in his last line he states that he hates everything to do with the Patriots, but what if he was more clear cut than this. What if Day had to write his column to a group of girls. Now not to say all girls don't know anything about football, but I'd take the chance to say most don't understand what an INT is but I'm sure at least 75% know exaclty who Tom Brady is. Therefore, to appeal to the less informed crowd he would have to explain his thoughts in a more clear and less elaborate way. He'd probably also have to take out the fact that he hates the Patriots, because most people who don't understand football, like the Patriots. Girls don't want to hear about crushing cute Tom Brady they would rather read a more laid back tone such as maybe making Brady get a little nervous rather than being hurt. Poor baby. With all the audience changes aside, I love the Chargers and I hate the Patriots just as Day does. I cannot express all my feelings on my blog so I will leave it at the fact that I want Brady beat. Go Chargers!

2 comments:

JBrandt said...

Add more depth/length to your column by also discussing the ramifications of your changes.

J. Gatz said...

Bro,
Tom an't going no where sides 19-0. Sides, how can you hate a U of M stud like Tommy.