Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who Knew?


As I was scourging the net for my new blog entry about the significance of the "hidden" message I came across this interesting comic involving a boy and a snake. The name of the comic strip, Boy on a Stick and Slither, caught my attention from the get go. As soon as I saw the small boy and the snake I thought this was some kind of boring comic strip as the countless others I had gone through before. Fortunately this comic strip had much more than I assumed. To some the message may be quite blurry as they do not understand what the narrow and wide paths are, but for us Believers we understand exactly what this little boy is saying even if he does not. The snake assumes the role of unbelievers in the world saying they are taking the "super-highway" of life although it is crowded with so many others. The boy assumes the role of a believer in Christ who wants to take the "narrow" path, and although the author gives the boy a sense of misunderstanding in this comic he still has his decisions set on the correct path. Although there is not a clear cut message in this comic, a reasonable person would assume that this is the message of living a god-pleasing life instead of the easy sin filled life that the snake is taking. (I also thought it was ironic that the snake was the unbeliever as Satan was a snake.)

No comments: